Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General V3 comming soon?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 47 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Trevor.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

I am sorry, I have no no news at this time.

Shane Brennan

Is this the reason why the plugin has not had an update available for the last 5 months? I am concerned to install the plug in and then it all change in terms of lay out, operation and settings etc when you release this V3 ?

Trevor Moderator

We recently released v2.5.14, and many of the integration plugins have recently been updated, for example the Elementor integration only a few days ago.

It is true that 90% of our development effort has been in V3, but our main plugin is pretty robust and stable now.

We will provide a conversion/transfer tool to help transition from V2 Pro to V3, although there will need to be some work by you (such as formatting, as the new version has styling/styles in the admin).

Ricard Jungic

V3 will come out when nobudy know and if will be this Year maybee bcz the sory how I read is 3 Years old but why you not resolve bugs in V2 what are now like the data range picker and all ok bcz me if V3 will not be till August I will not renew for next Year bcz update are slow than sorry will move to some other plugin bcz I dont belivue that will come out sorry thats my opinion in V2 I have only this data range picker problem all other work good

Ross Moderator

Hi all

We have an update for S&F v2 waiting on some user feedback before releasing – it fixes some issues affecting a small number of users.

As Trevor mentioned it is largely stable – we mostly only see issues regarding our 3rd party integrations such as Elementor these days, and those compatibility plugins have been updated much more recently (Elementor addon plugin was updated 2 weeks ago). For the main v2 plugin, we are only pushing maintenance fixes & security updates until v3 is ready.

Regarding v3, there will be 2 versions, a free and pro version. The free version is currently in beta testing, waiting for the release of Pro in order to be officially released – they will be released together.

Anyone can go and test it by signing up to the v3 mailing list here: https://searchandfilter.com/version-3/

We send invites roughly weekly and currently there have been over 500 invites sent. To note, the free version is roughly about 65% of all the work required for v3 and is the framework for the Pro plugin – the pro plugin becomes an addon plugin to the free plugin. Thats hopefully a tangible way to measure that progress has been made aside from my assurances.

V3 Pro (the beta testing version) is currently looking about a month away – this is not a fixed date – all I can say is we are moving forward with it as quickly as possible as always.

We do not recommend anyone holds up progress on any of their projects while waiting on v3 – we can’t provide a fixed date for it to be ready, nor can we give a timeline how long the plugin will be in beta testing – but we will make the beta available to those that want it.

V2 will continue to be supported with essential fixes / security updates for a year (to be confirmed) following the release of v3 as this won’t be an automatic upgrade for now – we’re still finalising these details but this is our current thinking.

Thanks

Gerlinger

Are there any news on the release date of V3 Pro?

Trevor Moderator

The last news I heard from the developer was this (just over a week ago):

V3 Free is ready and we’re just working on Pro.

Hoping to have the beta ready for testing in September.

Mateusz Kozłowski

Hello, is the beta version 3.0 available now?

Trevor Moderator

I think that the first beta will be a few more days yet.

Gerlinger

Any news? Our Pro license is due for renewal and I would tie this to the new version or look for an alternative otherwise.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.