Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Unable to update to v. 2.5.2

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Dave Burrows

Hello, when I first tried to update, I got an error message that said permission denied, and since, this has displayed:

https://gyazo.com/ecdcb649879c76b53f7b09097413de90

I’ve had trouble with the new version of WP. The second tier tech at WPEngine sees something in the log about version 2.4.5 of S&FP that’s currently installed that’s causing a number of errors. What do I need to do to get 2.5.2 installed? I’m not smart with computers, but I can manage good instructions.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dave Burrows

Are you sure I have a subscription? I don’t recall having paid an annual subscription fee for this in the past.

Trevor Moderator

This appears to be the first time that you have renewed.

Dave Burrows

As you are aware, I have paid for the subscription, though there was never anything on my Plugins page that said I need to. I had to navigate to your site, figure out where things are and what I needed to do to pay for a subscription I didn’t even know I had. This is the only plugin I’ve seen nothing about a subscription renewal on that plugins page. Can you imagine doing that for every plugin that your website uses?

That said, hours after paying, I still can’t update it, Clever Trevor. Yeah, I remember a lot.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi Dave

I have spoken with Ross and he agrees with you and we will take your suggestions on board for V3 (due in a few months), to make the licence status visible in the plugins page, and also to improve the usefulness of error messages (for example, why an update has failed).

Dave Burrows

Thanks for the responses. I think adding that to the plugins page is a good idea.

When I added the key, the link to install the new version was back on my plugins page. However, when I tried to update, I got this error: “Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized”. https://gyazo.com/565632da1722edbb640a535cfb77595d I refreshed the page and tried again, same thing.

Trevor Moderator

What is the current version of the plugin that you have?

Dave Burrows

Currently using version 2.4.5

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Unable to update to v. 2.5.2’ is closed to new replies.