Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Trigger the infinite scroll through a “load more” button, not automatically

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Miguel Fernandez

Hi,
    I want to initially show only 10 posts, and activate the infinite scroll through clicking a “load-more-button” to show 10 more, and repeat this action until there are no more posts to load.
    Is there a way to achieve this behavior?
    Can you guide me in how to got it?
    Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

I am sorry, but this is not possible at the moment, but is something we plan to introduce in a few months in our new V3.

Miguel Fernandez

Thanks for your quick answer Trevor.
    I guess that it can be achieved with some js code. I have no problem on coding and enqueuing my own solution, but can you guide me in how to achieve it? Where is called the infinite scroll action?
    Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

I can’t really guide you, I am sorry. We have tried to do this hooked on to our own JavaScript and code many times, but it requires a major re-write, and we have not managed to do it. Many users have also tried and I have not seen one get it to work reliably. It would be a long and complex job.

David Ross

Is there any release date for V3? It may seem a silly thing but this ‘Load more’ facility is a bit of a deal breaker. I’ve been forced to use WP Grid Builder for my last two projects but their pricing model is ridiculous compared to yours.

Trevor Moderator

There is no fixed date as yet, we are working as hard as we can towards it.

Lars Faye

Well, that’s frustrating. I found a thread from 2017 of you guys saying the same thing. Starting to feel like Trump’s health care plan, always “a few months away” 😜

Maybe look at how factwp.. they’ve had it for years…

Ross Moderator

Haha…

That’s fair enough, we’ve taken a lot longer than expected to get to this point.

The thing is a lot of work has been going on, you just haven’t seen v3 yet – so I completely understand how that looks from the outside.

As you may or may not know for example, a huge part of v3 was going to be the ability to design your results… and at last minute, we did a bit of a u-turn and released that seperately, for free:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-layouts/ That is tons of work that was going to be v3, complete, and out in the wild.

V3 is pretty much a rewrite (and it got rewritten once, behind the scenes, to accomodate for Gutenberg)… we have v3 free in testing right now – and we have the new framework and tons of functionality already built for pro.

Sure its not out, but there is tangible progress to be seen, and once you see v3 (free) in beta shortly, you’ll hopefully see that we’re near the end.

It’s been a long journey that’s for sure.

Lars Faye

Well, that’s great to hear! I do understand the undertaking, although from a consumer standpoint, it doesn’t SEEM like a huge add, whereas something like Custom Layouts, while super cool, doesn’t seem nearly as useful to as wide of an audience, you know what I mean?

I’ve already had to deploy FacetWP on a few sites due to that one feature being a big deal breaker for the client.

C’est la vie, though. Can’t please all the people, all of the time, eh?

Super looking forward to V3 though, as I would still PREFER to use S&F, if I could.

Ross Moderator

You’re right Lars, it’s not even a huge add, and probably should have just been tacked on to 2.x some time ago – but right now we’re at the point where we’ve made the decision not to build anything new on v2.x – in order to finish v3 asap.

Let me know if you want to be on the beta for the Pro version (and free).

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.