Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Translation of "All" terms not working

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hey Pierre, I’ll be taking a look at this this afternoon 🙂

Pierre Paradis

Ok, I’m happy to see you are working on this.

By the way, the customizable search placeholder & sumbit button value don’t seem to be sent to WPML.

I can work around this by “cloning” the S&F and changing these values, then make use of Widget logic to show/hide the S&F according to the language path.

But the proper way would be to enter the values in English and translate them through WPML. Should this be treated as a feature request rather than a bug?

Ross Moderator

Hey Pierre your right but I thought I added options to pass some vars to the string translation of WPML, looks like I didn’t do this :/

There is an alternative to what you suggest, as all search forms are actually a custom post type, I could hook the search form in to WPML the same way as regular posts, and have different translation options right there on the search and filter main page which lists all forms…

Kinda like the flags you see next to regular posts – this in effect will create your “cloned” search forms, but in the WPML way of doing things…

The more I think about it the more I like the second option actually, but I guess when creating new languages you want the same form structure automatically imported rather than having to create them from scratch for each language.

Let me know what you think anyway am interested to hear your thoughts 🙂

Pierre Paradis

Hello. I agree the cloning (2nd option) is the best, but wouldn’t it be possible to have both?

For instance, the WPML multilingual widgets seem to work both ways. You can assign different widgets for different languages, but the string is passed to the string translator anyways.

In the meantime, there is NO way to download the most recent version of the plugin on your website, and the auto-update doesn’t work on our dev server (even if properly activated).

Moreover, the client hacked v1.1.6 (to be verified) and all looks fine with the language. But this is not “standard procedure”, as installing 1.1.7 might break things up again.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.