Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Translation of "All" terms not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Pierre Paradis

Hello,

I am running a bilingual site. All taxonomy names and terms have been properly translated in the WPML UI.

No matter what S&F filter I use, the first option (“All” “Taxonomy name”) is not translated, while the individual terms in the dropdown list are correctly translated.

At this stage I don’t know if this is a WPML problem or a S&F problem.

BTW I use the widget functionality. Thanks for your help.

Ross Moderator

Hey Pierre

I’ll take a look at this tomorrow – do you have a link I could look at?

Thanks

Pierre Paradis

Hi Ross,

Take a look at:
    http://dostie.dev-mmm.com/produit/

“All Equipment Types” should read “Tous Types d’équipement”, etc. etc.

I discovered another bug: all the other optionshave an encoding problem when not logged in (I see them written in French when logged in as Administrator)

Ross Moderator

Hey Pierre

Thanks for this link I will do some more research tomorrow.

RE the encoding problem, when I choose a dropdown, I see what looks like an encoding problem, but when I choose a select option it displays fine. Do you think this might be a font issue? Looking directly at the source code shows the correct text for the options too.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

I just used firebug to modify the styles on your site, I disabled your robotoregular font and everything looked fine 🙂 You should try loading roboto from google fonts instead of locally, it would probably be faster to load and I’m hoping you wouldn’t get these errors.

PS it looks like you are using an older version of the plugin, if you update to 1.1.6 you will find more classes added to the search form which you may find useful for styling individual fields.

Pierre Paradis

Thanks for the tip, I switched to good ole Arial, Helvetica. Now you can see the language bug.

My plugin version is a recently purchased 1.1.6.

Ross Moderator

Ah yeah Pierre my mistake, there was the existence of a class “postform” which should not be there so I will remove this next time.

RE the translation – did you try to check the “string translation” addon in WPML (its part of your purchase)?

The headings in those fields (“all” “taxonomy”) should be able to be added to the string translation of WPML

http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Let me know!

Pierre Paradis

Hi again,

I did try WPML String translation. The auto-register strings function is on (when logged in as Admin). However, I cannot find “All” as a separate string, I cannot find “All [taxonomy name]” as a combined string either.

Custom taxonomy names are properly translated through the WMPL Taxonomy Translation UI, but they are not “grabbed” by the S&F form.

Ross Moderator

Oh ok I thought this worked, can you work around this for now? I will have to get WPML set up again and get testing.. Hopefully I will be able to push a plugin update tomorrow with the fix.

Thanks

Pierre Paradis

Ok, thanks, no problem. The site will remain in development for the next couple of weeks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.