Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Some kind of conflict with Woocommerce!?

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    Miriam Brückner

Hi Ross! It is a staging side (besides one single maintenance notice that is more a “coming soon” site). You are totally free to do any changes for debbuging! Thanks in advance. I was really going nuts last week trying to find out what is happening there…
    I saw the same problem that trevor discribed. As soon as I deactivate WooCommerce the form works… but with WooCommerce active it only shows products…

Ross Moderator

Hi Miriam

It seems something is really not working right in your setup.

I disabled everything, installed a clean WP theme, and the issue still occurs. Doing the same anywhere else (i.e, in my dev environment) and everythings works smoothly as it should.

Then I disable WooCommerce, and enable ther other Post Types in the drop down:
    https://miriamkreativ.com/blog-test/

And you will see, none of them really work correctly, they all show the same results, unless you select All Post Types and then you get nearly double…

Very unusual. I tried recreating on one of my own setups but not getting these kind of results.

Can you try to recreate this issue, using a clean install of WordPress (anywhere, local, staging etc) and let me know how what happens for you?

Right now, it looks like there could be some hidden config / corruption which you’ve moved over from the original site, that is affecting this one. Also, please check if you have any Must Use plugins enabled? (they are found in wp-content/mu-plugins

Thanks

Miriam Brückner

Hi Ross!

Aaaaaaahhh im driving crazy!!! There were plugins added by my hoster (raidboxes) and when I deleted this plugin-folder, my site was only showing an error… BUT with the help of my hoster I changed wp-settings, so the hoster plugins are not longer used and immediately my search form started to work as expected! Crazy holy sh** … now I am trying to find out what I can do or what they can do to avoid the conflict. Can you help in that point when I can find out which plugin is causing the problem?

Ross Moderator

Hi Miriam

Ok well thats a start at least!

So in my opinion (but its guess work at this stage), one of the plugins, is doing something to our queries, either using the filter pre_get_posts or something more heavy handed (like caching).

You will have to work with them, to isolate which 1 of their plugins is causing the issue.

Once you do that, I can take a look at the plugin code to see if there is anything identifyable.

Are you now able to easily enable / disable the hosting features, or do you need to contact them every time?

I assume right now, they are disabled?

BTW I think my previous assumption, of none of hte post types working was incorrect (I didn’t put them in the post types list), so I think the issue is still with WooCommerce, S&F, and your hosting plugins, combined.

Thanks

Miriam Brückner

Hi Ross,

I am totally stuck again. I did not do any bigger changes but filtering again is not working on the staging site. The only thing that still seems to be a problem is woocommerce being active. As soon as I activate it there are no blog posts found in search. This is so totally weird. I have to admit I don’t know what to do or try anymore…

Miriam Brückner

*** SOLVED (I hope…) ***

Hi Ross, the way to really finding what is causing my search results problem was so damn long (I installed another blank fresh wordpress site and tested all day long) – but now finally I found that one line of code, that is causing all the problems!

woocommerce_hide_out_of_stock_items was set to yes in wp_options table – just change the value to no and tadaaa – finally the blog posts are shown by the form as expected.

In the frontend this woocommerce setting can be found under wooocommerce –> settings –> products –> inventory…

Could you please check that and verify that you can reconstruct the issue/soultion? Maybe you can fix this / ask woocommerce to fix this? As blog posts have no inventory I think showing plog posts should not be influenced by this setting! 🙂

Ross Moderator
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.