Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Searching portfolio items by category and tag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Casey Johnston

Hi, two questions,

1.I would like to search portfolio items by category and tag rather than posts. With the builder I only see the option to search posts. Am I missing something?

2. Can results be displayed in a grid rather than one after the next?

Thank you!

Trevor Moderator

In most themes and plugins, the ‘Categories’ and ‘Tags’ you see are actually taxonomies called portfolio_categories and portfolio_tags, so use the Taxonomy Form UI field type instead and then select them from the dropdown select list.

A grid is dependent on your theme and/or Display Results Method you are using, so what theme are you using, what results display method in the form, and does your theme have a plugin for the portfolios or use a page builder (like Divi Builder, WPBakery PageBuilder, Elementor, etc)? We also support the Post Grid plugin.

Casey Johnston

WPBakery, Bridge 17.2 theme. How do I make it display in a grid? (sorry, I didn’t get a notification you responded.) Thank you!

Trevor Moderator

Can you have a look through this post (not the thread, just this post):

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/formatting-functionality-issues/page/2/#post-184167

With our plugin lined to it, the Posts Grid can show any Post Type (as set in our form settings).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.