Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro SEARCH returns always "No Results Found"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Beniamino Della Torre

Dear developer,
    I’m using your plugin with Salient theme.
    I know there are problems, so I’ve had to follow a lot of tricks to have the plugin working.
    Now it works good with taxonomy selectors, but the search bar doesn’t want to work.
    I’ve followed different methods (using shortcode, or custom), with the same result, always the “No Results Found”. It work only with the title of the post and the pictures names. Ireally need it to serach inside my portfolio items, inside their texts boxes. How can I do it?

Thank you, Beniamino

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

If you have a search that DOES work, please tell me of it, and also tell me of one that does not?

Beniamino Della Torre

Dear Trevor, here is the page I’m working at.
    https://www.faicomitaly.com/demo/

As you can see, the Search gives no results (I’d like it could search into the portfolio items. This is an extract fro a item text, if you need it to try some search: “Automatic hose reels suitable for the distribution of fluids at different pressure and temperature conditions. The parts in contact with the fluid have metal details and high-quality gaskets.”.

The only way to have result is to use a title of a portfolio item (as AM, AX, VGL, VGLX, ROLL…).

Thank you for your efforts in helping me, Beniamino

Trevor Moderator

You appear to be using the Page Builder Post Grid element. Are you also using our integration addon plugin for that:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/formatting-functionality-issues/page/2/#post-184167

Beniamino Della Torre

Dear Trevor, I’m not using the Page Builder Post Grid element. I’m using the Post Grid plugin integrated with Search & Filter, as shown in a tutorial that I’ve found on S&F pages.

Anyway I’ve tried to follow your last link, but I can’t go on, as I don’t find in my Page Builder a Post Grid element. Here a screen of my Page Builder elements. There is the “Portfolio” one, that recall the portfolio, but it doesn’t ask me the Data Source.
    https://www.faicomitaly.com/demo/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/pagebuilder.jpg

And here is the composition of the page that I’ve sent to you in the last message (it uses shortcodes).
    https://www.faicomitaly.com/demo/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/pagina.jpg

Please, let me know if this can help to find a solution.
    Thank you, Beniamnino

Trevor Moderator

Ah yes. Salient modifies Page Builder a lot and it won’t work 🙁

Post Grid plugin is the way to go.

Are you able to send me temporary admin logins (ones you should later delete or disable) for the site so that I can look at the setup? Please use a Private Reply.

Beniamino Della Torre
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Beniamino Della Torre

Perfect Trevor, so I just have to copy/paste the texts in each excerpt box and the “Search” will find them. Ok, I’ll do it, it’s not a big deal!

Just another question: is it possible to make the “Search” looking at the words contained in the Portfolio Categories and Attributes? Because if I prefer to use the Search Bar instead of the categories buttons selectors, if fails, giving no results. You can try with “diesel”, “grease”, or other words from the Attributes in the sidebar.

Thank you very much for your help. Ben

Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SEARCH returns always "No Results Found"’ is closed to new replies.