Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search on custom field

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Jesús de la Plaza

Hi.
    Just bought this today and i’m pretty satisfied so far. Great work on this plugin! Looking forward for that big 2.0 update (autosync for post metas is a must… 😉

Now my doubt: i’m using Pods to create custom posts for a project. Have implemented your plugin to search through the pod, all works fine. My issue is that i’ve a custom field for each pod (kind of description) where client will put relevance text. I need this CF to be included in the search results, is that possible with your plugin?

Thanks in advance!
    j.

Ross Moderator

Hi there

I’m sure you can do this, its not really and S&F related thing.

You probably should look up how to display Pods data/fields in your templates (same stuff you use in standard WP templates can be used in Search & Filter).

Details on customising results can be found here:

http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/docs/display-results/

(also make sure to check the correct subpage for the method you choose).

Thanks

Jesús de la Plaza

Hi, thanks for your quick reply!
    Maybe i miss something, but i’m using your shortcode to display the results on a page ([searchandfilter id=”427″ show=”results”]) and i’ve a search template called 427.php to organise the data. There i can get all custom fields, all ok; the problem is that the plugin itself is not searching on those custom fields to retrieve the data. Looks like it only searchs on the_title and the_content of the post.

I mean, a post with “example” string on a concrete custom field will not be displayed on the search results loop, searching for “example” on the search form.

Sorry if i’m not explaining it on the right way.
    Thanks in advance!

Ross Moderator

Ahhh you want the search field to also search inside your custom fields? This is not possible yet directly with this plugin, however I did integrate Relevanssi which will add this functionality for you.

Some users’ have reported a bug with Relevanssi which is fixed in the next version of S&F.

Thanks

Jesús de la Plaza

Thanks a bunch. As many others, i’m willing to see your 2.0 version published! Do you think it will be available on august? Ending the project on these upcoming weeks…

Again, congrats for such a nice plugin, i’m in love with its features!

Jesús de la Plaza

Hi again.
    Just if it helps, have been taking a look at Relevanssi, and the indexing system is a huge risk for a large project (big ddbb) like mine. Have found this easy workaround
    http://adambalee.com/search-wordpress-by-custom-fields-without-a-plugin/

and works like a charm for default WP Search. Have tried out to integrate on your class-search-filter-get-results.php, but no luck, goes bit far of my scope, honestly.

Just if you think for a simpler system to integrate this feature than dealing with Relevanssi, that i’ve seen other support request with the same issue.

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey there thanks for the info.

Can I ask, what is the risk with the indexing?

I’m asking because the next version of S&F has a built in indexing/caching system so it can work faster with large databases – of course only taxonomy data and custom fields that are in the search forms.

I thought the risks would just be the same if someone was to access the wp_posts table – because once the DB is compromised it doesn’t matter which table is accessed – WP Post, Relevanssi or S&F – they will all be available.

iaeon

Pods are clearly in the air. I too am using them for custom fields which I need to be able to search and hope to find a way to use S&F pro which I have just purchased.

I think on my data Relevanssi may not be too big a risk if that is the most pragmatic way to achieve what I need, but thus far I cannot see how to make it work. Setting up Relevanssi and building an index does not seem to work for me. Any hints?

Ross Moderator

Hi there, please can you start a new ticket? Thanks

iaeon
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.