Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problems with filtering custom post types/taxonomies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • tlimmer

Hello,

we are currently having some trouble implementing Search and Filter Pro on our WP site. We created one custom post type (datasets) and two custom taxonomies (energy sources, projects) with the “Pods”-Plugin.

Here is a link to a test page where Search and Filter Pro has been activated: opendata.ffe.de/searchfilter-test/

However, we are facing the following three issues:
    1. Only posts and datasets featuring the Energy Sources taxonomy are returned as filtering result (even though there are several posts/datasets without this taxonomy)
    2. Filtering for a selection of multiple Energy Sources does not return any results at all
    3. Any filtering for projects is completely ignored

We would be delighted about a fix for these issues. Thanks a lot!

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tlimmer
    Trevor Moderator

My first thought is you are using Elementor Pro. You should use the method described here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-search-elemntor-column-while-retaining-the-design-of-that-column/#post-209754

It will require you to place a Post grid on the page. When doing that, leave it in default settings to test it all is working.

tlimmer

Thanks a lot, that did indeed solve some of our problems. However – even though we closely followed the instructions – one issue remains: It is not possible to select multiple Energy Sources or Projects, SF does not return the correct result. We already tried the approach described as “Caveats” in the documentation, but unfortunately, the functionality resulting from this implementation is not what we try to achieve, because then, after applying one filter, not all of the checkboxes are displayed anymore. The user of our site should be able to select multiple Projects/Energy Sources by ticking multiple checkboxes.

Trevor Moderator

Hi

It appears you are currently editing the form.

Did you set the Search Operator in the form field?

OR means each term you select the number of results increase, AND means the more you select the less results you get.

tlimmer
    Ross Moderator

Hi there

Trevor has asked me to look at this. I will be taking a look early tomorrow hopefully and will come back to you with any questions, and hopefully some answers.

Thanks

tlimmer

I have tried several times to post another answer on this topic, but unfortunately it does not show up when I click on the “Submit” button, but disappears and I get this message:
    “ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that.”
    Maybe it depends on the length of the answer because my short answer yesterday was posted.

tlimmer
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.