Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Post Meta range slider not working as expected – take 2

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hi Boris

This behaviour is correct.

You’ve set the range (EDIT, I could have done this…) field to check from two meta values, a min and max, and you’ve set the compare mode to any overlap

So Chalet Underhill, has a range 1-9, and choosing 1-8 in the search form overlaps with the meta range, so it is shown.

You might want to change this to just using max_occupancy, and tick the use same for end key box.

I hope that’s clear?

Thanks

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,
    actually, I started out that way (both set to max), but that also gave unexpected results, which is why I changed it to min-max, hoping that would work.

What I want is that the accommodation is displayed when the slider is between 1 (that’s very accommodation) and the maximum number of allowed guests. Including the maximum number.

Can you tell me how to set it up so that it will work that way? The settings for start and end key as well as compare mode are not 100% clear to me, and I could not find any documentation on it.

Kind regards,
    Boris

Ross Moderator

Hi Boris

So that would mean changing the setting compare mode to input must be between the post meta range which I’ve done here:
    https://ispacetest.nl/alle-accommodaties/?_sfm_accom_min_occupancy=1+1

So the user input, will match, if it is between the post meta values of the post, if there is a match, the post is shown.

The issue with this approach is, the default slider when setup, will be 1 - 13 – so if a user submits the form without changing the slider, there are no posts that match this condition.

I think the best approach it was just before – any overlap – which means that if the range the user has input, crosses the range on the post, the post is shown.

I think logically this makes sense for a user (you can tell me if I’m wrong in your particular setup!)

Lets say I want to search for accomodation that sleeps 1 – 6 people, I want to see all possible options, including those that sleep 1 - 20 people, at the end of the day, it meets my requirements of 1 - 6 (although it does sleep more than needed) so could be a viable option?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and if what I’m saying is making sense!

Best

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,

what you are saying makes sense. The option of not setting the filter and then not getting results is not an option.

So back to the original setting. Most likely, visitors will not change the maximum number, but they will change the minimum number. If that is set to 6, all accommodations housing 1-6 people should also be in the results.

So if I set it up like that (min-max, any overlap, 1-13 guests) on the test system, it works. But on the live website, it doesn’t. What do I need to change to make that work?

Regards,
    Boris

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,
    I’ve done the following:
    – set up the beta plugin (without modifications),
    – set the post meta slider fields correctly for all languages,
    – rebuilt the S&F cache
    – updated all plugins
    – removed all caching stuff from htaccess

I tested with all languages on Chrome with caching disabled and enabled. It all works!

Ross Moderator

Great stuff, glad we finally moved past this issue 🙂 I’ll close this, and update on the other thread shortly.

Best

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Post Meta range slider not working as expected – take 2’ is closed to new replies.