Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Post Meta range slider not working as expected – take 2

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,
    that’s a good idea, take it back a step and focus on it working properly in Dutch.
    What I expect:
    – I’m using the Casa Kümpel for 6 people as example.
    – When the range is set from 1-6, I expect to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 1-7, I expect to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 5-6, I expect to see it. –> this does not work.
    – When the range is set from 6-8, I expect to see it. –> this does not work.
    – When the range is set from 1-5, I expect not to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 7-9, I expect not to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 3-4, I expect to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 2-2, I expect to see it. –> this works.
    – When the range is set from 7-8, I expect not to see it. –> this works.

And yes, what you are showing in the GIF, I see the same for 1-6.
    Boris

Ross Moderator

Hi Boris

Ok so, now we’re on the same page 🙂

So what I see are, the range sliders not behaving at all as expected. I also tried changing the “compare” mode for the range, and some even stranger things happen.

I’ve just gone through a complete testing on a clean install of the range slider, and the compare modes, and everything looks to be working well in my setup – so I think there must be a conflict somewhere.

We’re going to have to disable things and do some serious debugging – can you get this on a development / staging site so we can make (breaking) changes, to help us track down the issue?

Thanks

Boris Hoekmeijer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    Ross Moderator
    Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,

to respond to your first message:
    When I look at the test site now, the alle accommodaties pagina looks really weird, like it does in the gifs.

I can see the gifs, but I really don’t understand what you’ve changed, or how you see that caching is enabled. Can you explain how you disable that in Chrome?

I know there is no caching active on the site or on the server side, except for the S&F caching and WPML cache. I tried disabling the WPML caching, but it doesn’t seem to change anything. Because the page looks so different now and I’m not getting regular results, I’m not sure whether it makes any difference.

I just realized I also had some caching rules in htaccess. I deleted them, and tested after that. But I don’t see any difference yet. What I see is that if I open the page, and change 13 to 12, all of the accommodations disappear.

to respond to your second message:
    I don’t understand what you mean by this. Is this something that is already active, and causing a problem? Or is it something we could add, to solve the problem?

Regards,
    Boris

Ross Moderator

Hi Boris

Sorry for the confusion. The chrome thing, just means that I have the browser cache disabled while I have the developer tools open:
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/7000899

So, when I test the page, with my developer tools open, chrome effectively ignores your sites instruction to cache the request for X amount of days… So we can see that the issue (at least on development) is caching issue.

Also, this issue is present with all plugins except S&F and your post type plugin disabled.

I think what you mention about the htaccess might be the key and it looks like its working for me.

BTW, I noticed you recreated your search form, but you used the post meta key _accom_max_occupancy_new (which is something I created just for testing), which naturally led to 0 results.. it should be accom_max_occupancy and that now looks like it works.

To test if the caching is still on, all you need to do is edit search-filter/results.php and change the template, then see if the results format is updated on an ajax request on the frontend, or if you are seeing the old version.

Thanks

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,

thanks for all your help. I see that you changed results.php, which is why the alle accommodaties page looks so different.

If I try now, and set the range to 1-8, I still see accommodations of 9 and 12. That also happens in Chrome with caching disabled via the Developer tools.

I tested changing the results.php file, and sure enough, the change is visible in Chrome rightaway. But the results are still the same as above.

Ross Moderator

Hi Boris

I’m hoping whats left to resolve is a configuration issue…

So when you set the range to 1-8, which accomodations do you see that you shouldn’t?

Thanks

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Ross,

I see Chalet Underhill (9), Ferienahsu Glück Auf 1 & 2 (12) and Villa Alpenrose (12)

Regards,
    Boris

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Post Meta range slider not working as expected – take 2’ is closed to new replies.