Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Loading results on the same page

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Igor Michnovec

Yes, I want all the posts to show 🙂 I see that they are in 2 columns now, I would like them in 3. And if there is a possibility it would be awesome to remove:
    Found 65 Results
    Page 1 of 8
    Older posts
    From the top.

You can name it “Recipe Index”.

Trevor Moderator
    Igor Michnovec

Yes! Now everything is awesome except few things. First, when I check “dessert”, 1 recipe shows up like it should be, but under it I see all the other recipes. Why so? Oh and somehow the space between the first line of the recipe name and the second is too big, as well as the space between the categories and the recipe name.

Other than that everything is amazing!

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Oh, and the Search form needs styling, but you need to make it a bit fuller?

Igor Michnovec

Now everything is awesome. Thank you so much, Trevor. I sent you a cyber beer 🙂 Talking about the search form – I don’t know if it needs too much styling, but the taxonomy name is not so pretty right now for sure. Maybe you can tell me where I can change it? I mean that big bold name :)) Oh and maybe I would like to make the font of the word “dessert” bigger too. Yes, of course, I will make it fuller. I will now start adding taxonomies to all my posts and creating a pretty search form.

Igor Michnovec

Oh and did you delete the code for the horizontal forms from my CSS? 🙂 I wanted to have them all in the horizontal way, because my thumbnails are really wide and I can’t have them in a sidebar.

Trevor Moderator

I didn’t delete the css, but as the page has changed also some CSS may need to be re-written. The form element headings are in the form UI bits you dragged and dropped into the form. Look for the option Add a heading?

Once you have added all the bits you need, make a screenshot and play with it by cutting and pasting where you want stuff, what want to be bigger, smaller, different font/size and link to it here. I can then advise.

For those others who might use the Hemlock theme from Solo Pine Designs, this is the customized results.php I wrote:

<?php
    /**
     * Search & Filter Pro
     * Sample Results Template
     * @package   Search_Filter
     * @author    Ross Morsali
     * @link      http://www.designsandcode.com/
     * @copyright 2015 Designs & Code
     * Note: these templates are not full page templates, rather
     * just an encaspulation of the your results loop which should
     * be inserted in to other pages by using a shortcode - think
     * of it as a template part
     * This template is an absolute base example showing you what
     * you can do, for more customisation see the WordPress docs
     * and using template tags -
     * http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags
     */

if ( $query->have_posts() )
    {	?>

<ul class="sp-grid">
    	<?php
    	while ($query->have_posts())
    	{
    		$query->the_post();

?>
    		<li>
          <article id="post-<?php the_ID();?>" class="item">

<?php
    				if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { ?>
    					<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail("thumb");?></a>
    			<?php	}
    			?>
            <div class="item-content jpibfi_container">
              <span class="cat"><?php the_category(", "); ?></span>
              <h2><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
              <input class="jpibfi jpibfi-ignore" data-jpibfi-url="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" data-jpibfi-description="<?php the_title(); ?>" type="hidden"><span class="more-button"><a class="more-link" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>">Read More</a></span>
        			<br /><span class="date"><?php the_date(); ?></span>
            </div>

</article>
    		</li>

<?php
    	}
    	?>
      </ul>

<div class="pagination">

<div class="older"><?php next_posts_link( 'OLDER POSTS <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i>', $query->max_num_pages ); ?></div>
    		<div class="newer"><?php previous_posts_link( '<i class="fa fa-angle-double-left"></i> NEWER POSTS' ); ?></div>
    		<?php
    			/* example code for using the wp_pagenavi plugin */
    			if (function_exists('wp_pagenavi'))
    			{
    				echo "<br />";
    				wp_pagenavi( array( 'query' => $query ) );
    			}
    		?>
    	</div>
    	<?php
    }
    else
    {
    	echo "No Results Found";
    }
    ?>
    Igor Michnovec

Hi, Trevor. I got the horiznotal view back, so no problems with that.

In fact, I don’t need many more customizations. I just need three little things:

1. I want the block with checkboxes go left so it would be right under the taxonomy title.
    2. Make spaces between each item smaller.
    3. Now if I add the different number of checkboxes, the taxononomy with the bigger number of them goes up, while the one with the smaller number of checkboxes is lower. I would like to have them on one line.

Here is the screenshot of what I want to achieve http://prnt.sc/c4e1dh

I decided to leave all the fonts like they are so I would not bother you too much.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Loading results on the same page’ is closed to new replies.