Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Loading results on the same page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 43 total)
  • Igor Michnovec

Hi once again,

I tried everything I can but I can’t get my form working right. The thing is, I want my results to load on the same page. I was even able to do that checking Display Results as “Post Type Archive” but in this way the form itself disappears plus Ajax freezes until I move the mouse again. Then it refreshes.
    When I chose “As an Archive” and entered my result page as the custom template, everything works, the form stays, but the page refreshes to show results.
    When I chose “Using a shortcode”, all the normal template disappears. I would have to create a new template then, but it’s not an option for me, because I am not too strong on coding.

It’s just, one fellow blogger told me that he needed 20 minutes to get your plugin working, and I am now looking at it for 12 hours straight :)) What a shame. I will drop you the link to my blog, login and password in another message.

I would really appreciate your help. I just feel that it can be something really easy. If it’s not, I don’t want to bother you and I will look for developers to help me instead.

Igor Michnovec
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

More often than not, it is something like getting the Results Container name and type wrong. For starters it cannot contain the search form itself. The other problem is often that the wrong template is specified. I cannot tell without looking. Don’t suffer in silence, it is why I am here. But be ware that some themes make this easy, some make it hard – not our plugin.

Igor Michnovec

Trevor, I understand that it can be a theme. If it needs a lot of time to make it correct, I don’t want to bother you, I will hire a developer then. But keeping in mind that I am not too good with codes, the solution can be easy. At least I hope to.

I dropped my details in a private message.

Trevor Moderator

Are we able to talk in English on Skype (voice)?

Igor Michnovec

Well, I am not too good at English actually :)) Is it necessary?

Trevor Moderator

The site you showed me uses our plugin, but from the page code I can see that instead they used the shortcode method.

Trevor Moderator

You said:

When I chose “Using a shortcode”, all the normal template disappears. I would have to create a new template then, but it’s not an option for me, because I am not too strong on coding.

But I am 🙂

The code to make the page looks fairly simple. Over the last two days I have done 2 for other users that were way more complicated.

Igor Michnovec
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

If you want to pay it is for a cyber beer (donation via Paypal) at whatever amount you want or feel you can afford, etc. Some people can’t afford anything. That’s fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Loading results on the same page’ is closed to new replies.