Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General HTTP Error 500

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • alexbpc

Sure. I just put the plugin on the live site and it’s very slow. Even with just 1 meta added to the search form it crashed with HTTP Error 500. On the test site is slow as well if I add 2 post meta or more.

alexbpc

Hi, did you find anything?

Ross Moderator

Hi Alex

Apologies for the delay. This ticket is now my priority.

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce the issue on the dev site?

The forms I see on the dev site now seem to be working ok?

Thanks

alexbpc

Hi Ross,

I made a quick 2 min video.
    https://www.loom.com/share/c2fc89618e994c6fa4b4b13d583909e2

To reproduce the issue, simply enable the WooCommerce plugin on the dev site.

Ross Moderator

Hi Alex

Ok so I see the issue…

The problem we have sometimes with our plugin, is that when you load our search form edit page, we have to load all the post meta keys on your site at once – to popuplate the dropdown (we should do that with ajax, but that won’t solve this issue).

The issue is in fact how many individual post meta keys you have. This is with woocommerce enabled (and all other plugins disabled):
    https://snipboard.io/m4sH2j.jpg
    That shows over 38,000 meta keys! The browser doesn’t like to load a dropdown list with so many entries… This is whats causing the slowdown on the page (when dragging items, clicking anything)

And when you get a 500 error when loading the admin page, I think thats because server resources / mysql limitations have been reached (we’ve effectively done a mysql query for over 40,000 records on every page load of the search form edit screen).

The question is, why do you have so many unique entires? That is tons of data assigned to your post meta… I’ve never seen anything quite like this!

Also, I tried without woocommerce, and I still see around 40,000 meta keys! So I think woocommerce has nothing to do with the issue (and the meta data is not stored on the products) – I think it is jsut a co-incidence that it was failing at that point (because WooCommerce takes up additional server resources).

So, I’m thinking, how do we clear up all this post meta – do you know where it is coming from / what it’s used for?

Best

alexbpc

Hi Ross,

Thanks for checking.
    I think they are from our bbpress forum. I will ask our developer and see if we can clear some of the metas to clear up the database.

Ross Moderator

Ok great, let me know how you get on.

Best

alexbpc

Hey guys,

Our developer discovered that those 44k meta’s were created by the Advanced NoCAPTCHA plugin and oEmbed WP feature (just in case somebody else runs into this issue in the future). He cleaned the database reducing it down to about 600 meta’s and now the plugin works fine even with 3 post meta’s in the search UI.

Thanks for the assistance. The issue is solved now.

Ross Moderator

Great stuff, glad you got setup!

Best

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘HTTP Error 500’ is closed to new replies.