Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Editing any pages or post opens weird Search Form Post

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hi all

Apologies but I didn’t have time to make much progress on Friday, but looking at right now.

I’ve installed Avada 6.2, Fusion Core, Fusion Builder, and Search & Filter – however, I’m not seeing any issue when trying to edit (any post type) via wp-admin, using the backend builder, the live builder, or when I create a new post.

Can anyone possibly share a video of the issue, and double check and make sure that this issue occurs only with Avada + S&F, and that no other plugins enabled to ensure its not coming from anywhere else?

I can take a look around wp-admin as well (instead of video), to check the settings – if anyone on here needs to share anything privately, please open a new ticket (not you Peter) so you can use the private reply feature of this forum and I’ll go take a look.

I’m thinking its possibly some setting of a specific search form that triggers the bug – having a look around your setups would be most helpful in testing,

Thanks

loftreklam

I have created a new support ticket for this: https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/issue-with-avada-and-sf-pro/#post-234021

You have a private reply with credentials for one of my sites with the issue.

Ross Moderator

Thats great thanks, I’ve just followed up,

Any others that can provide access will also help speed up resolving this issue.

Thanks

Peter

Just a quick update: On my site it started to work again. I applied the latest fusion patch (#417602) and I am now able to edit everything normally again.

Quentin SIMONOT

Hi,
    I speak with Trevor since this morning.
    I have the same problem : Avada 6.2 and Avada’s plugins updated + S&F 2.5 .

Thank you for your reply and solution.

Quentin

Ross Moderator

Hi Peter

Thats great news – did you apply this using the patcher?
    https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/fusion-builder/getting-started/avada-patcher/

I’m not too familiar with it, but I guess this looks like the patch will be available in a future release?

Thanks

Quentin SIMONOT

I applied too this patch #417602 but our problem persist …
    My config : Avada 6.2, Fusion builder 2.2.0 , S&F 2.5

It doesn’t come from another plugin since when I deactivate both fusion plugins it works properly whereas all the other plugins are activated.

Peter

Avada should notify you automatically in WordPress if there are patches available.

Ross Moderator

Hi all

So, I don’t understand the issue, but I found the issue.

It seems the new version of Avada didn’t like our S&F widget (regular WP widget, the ones from wp-admin -> appearance -> widgets – which it seems it tried to load in wp-admin when editing a post (any post) – I guess they want to preload WP widgets before their builder is loaded.

Anyway, we used a normal wordpress new WP_Query to build the list of search forms you can choose, but it seems this is the part that breaks Avada.

I’ve double checked and checked again, and there is nothing wrong with using this to get data for a WP widget – other plugins / themes also do this so I guess the latest Avada update broke a few other plugins too.

Anyway, regardless of the patch, I’ve decided to change how we do this and get a fix to you sooner rather than later, which is available in our beta.

I’ll reply with the beta link in a private post, if you have opened a seperate post, I will reply there.

Thanks

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.