Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Drop-down menu not working in Safari

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • Hanna Karlsson

Hi, My search works perfectly on Chrome (although looks a bit different on my iPad) but was made aware the dropdowns are not working at all when using Safari. I could replicate the issue (using Version 12.1.2) and the behaviour is the following:
    * Enter free-text and select search – correct search result
    * Clicking any of dropdown menus. The webpage reloads showing an error message that it did so due to “a problem occurring”.

The webpage is https://theworkshopper.com/playlist/

Couldn’t find any other support tickets on the topic, so hope you are able to shed some light on this issue.

Thank you,
    Hanna

Trevor Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue, and confirm the device, Operating System (and version) and version of Safari?

It may be, if the device is an Apple, that the dropbown boxes need making in to ‘comboboxes’ (there is an option in the field setup in the form), and ALSO that in our plugin settings, the combobox script needs to be ‘Select2’ and not ‘Chosen’.

Hanna Karlsson
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Hanna Karlsson
    Trevor Moderator

Hi

It is late here in the UK, but upload them to a file sharing site and give me the link(s)?

Hanna Karlsson
    Trevor Moderator

As described to you, the Combobox method uses the Select2 script. Instead of making them Comboboxes, you could apply the script directly to keep them as select type boxes. See this post:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/design/#post-202848

Hanna Karlsson

Hi again,

The outcome I get by adding the script is that even the default dropdowns now appears as the combo box design. The linked post refers to a plugin but assumed only the script was relevant in this case.

These are the steps I’ve taken:
    * I have set the Combobox script to Select2
    * I set up the dropdowns to be a mix of default and combobox selected for testing purposes
    * I’ve added the script into the same code area as the existing search elements code

Was there anything else in linked post that was relevant? Is the script incorrectly added? Or is there anything else I am missing?

I will send a message with screenshots shortly.

Thanks, Hanna

Hanna Karlsson
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.