Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Default pagination links don't pull correct content – shows first page results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Tyler Doornbos

Hello, a few months ago I re-built a book reviewing website and now use search and filter for all queries / loops. I use search and filter on almost every website and have really come to depend on your plugin (it’s really great!).

However, we’ve noticed that the default pagination slugs (/custom-post-type/page/24/) no longer redirect or pull the correct content that the Search & Filter Pros equivalent slug (/?sf_paged=24) pulls. As mentioned in the title of the post, the results instead show page 1’s results.

I want to say that navigating to /custom-post-type/page/24/ once pulled the correct content but now it’s not working?

The main reason why this is important is because of the canonical links in the head are formatted as /custom-post-type/page/24/ and as such, is an SEO concern.

A little about the setup:

• Each S&F loop is being displayed via shortcode.
    • Detects defaults from current page via”Post Type Archives” & “Tag, Category & Taxonomy Archives”
    • and includes Taxonomy sorting within the Search Form UI.

Another important mention is that I’m using Elementor Pro to assign an template to serve as the archive page which includes the S&F shortcode. I don’t know why this would matter but though I should mention it.

Trevor Moderator

If you are using Elementor, make sure that in the element you are using for displaying the posts, if it has the option to do so in the Pagination settings, switch Ajax OFF.

Tyler Doornbos

Hey Trevor, thanks for the speedy reply!

I’m not using an elementor element to pull cpts in, I’m just using elementor to frame the page / set the layout for the archives post type. So it’s essentially just a shortcode on an elementor page if that makes sense.

I’m also noticing now that I’m having a similar issue on another site we manage.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Tyler Doornbos
    Trevor Moderator
    Tyler Doornbos

Hey Trevor,
    By using the elementor method, am I able to build my query to my liking as I am now via the shortcode method? The design we are using now is very specific and I need to maintain this look for the client.

I was under the impression that the reason you would use the elementor method is to just add the filtering aspect of your plugin to elementors built-in / default grid.

Trevor Moderator

Is that (really nice) look to the posts all hand coded by you, or using a plugin?

Tyler Doornbos

All hand-coded using a mix of bootstrap and my own classes + acf to get the fields I need.

Tyler Doornbos

And, Thanks btw!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.