Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Cannot get filter to work at all

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Yeah sure fire over the necessary details and I’ll take a look – won’t be for a couple of days now thought as I’m pushing through an update tomorrow hopefully which will probably have a small amount of fallout in terms of support and bug fixes but I’ll definitely get on to it 🙂

Thanks

Marjan Breznikar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Marjan Breznikar

Ross, please I would really need some guidance from you.
    I don’t know if I understad this correctly, but what might solve all of the issues is this (if this plugin allows this):

In plugin settings not using the “Use a custom template for results?” at all. So it doesn’t use the results.php file.

In the AJAX section not ticking the option “Use a Shortcode to display results?”

And choosing the right “Content selector:” – this is what I do not know how to do to make it work.
    If this is the way to get the filtered results this would be the ultimate solution.
    Please help, thanks

Jonas Salomonsen

Hi,

I also cannot make the Ajax results page look good. I would like to have the basic layout in the “results.php” to be the same as in the normal archive/search pages in my theme, but I cannot make copying elements from the theme’s search.php work at all.

Without Ajax it works fine and I have read the short toturial text without any success when it comes to making the styling look like the rest of the theme.

Can you help me out?

Marjan Breznikar

Ross, I stil couldn’t find a solution, to make the plugin working (using a shortcode is not a preffered option), I would really appreciate if you could take a look what could be the case.

I also wanted to update the plugin to the new version if this might help and couldn’t either, I saved the licence key in settings and I can’t seem to find a way to update the plugin.

Thanks

Catalina Silva

Sorry but I am having the exact same problems

Marjan Breznikar
    Ross Moderator

Hey Marjan

I made a little test (link in next message)

I think this is what you are after??

To make customisations to the results, edit the file – wp-content/themes/theme-name/search-filter/results.php

But I think this almost looks right?

I’ll explain what I did (I am not familiar with ultimatum theme):

1. Create a new page
    2. Create a page template just for this page in your theme folder (search-page.php)
    3. Set the page template of this page to the new one “S&F Search Page” (http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates#Custom_Page_Template)
    4. Load a regular page (to get the styling), and view html source
    5. Copy over the basic structure of this page – just the main content area and sidebar in to the custom page template
    6. Then add the two shortcodes
      • in the main content area I added [searchandfilter id="949" show="results"]
      • in the sidebar area I added [searchandfilter id="949"]

Then basically the page is done! I don’t know if there is a better way to do it using Ultimatum I haven’t used it before.

So now you can edit the layout of the results – but it looks very close to the original!

🙂

Ross Moderator
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.