Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Working with two dropdowns and usability

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jali.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jali

Hi,

I’m using this filtering system for a WooCommerce shop. I have a dropdown with category names, and a dropdown with tags underneath it. When I select a category, the tags underneath refreshes to only show whatever products / tags are under that specific category. When I select a tag, the page refreshes to show the products with that tag, in that category. This is all perfect.

The issue I’m having is that the dropdown with the category names refreshes to only show the categories with the tag I selected. I don’t want the dropdown with the category names to remove categories depending on the tags. I want it to always remain the same and have the same number of categories, but only have the dropdown with the tags change as the category changes. This is easier and more usable for clients. They don’t have to go back through the steps or click on the “shop” button in the main navigation to see all of the categories again.

Hope this makes sense! Thank you.

Ross Moderator

Hi Jali

I’m afraid this is not possible, the setting for this feature is applied across all fields, we can’t disable it for one… The idea is that users will only be shown possible options, therefor not getting scenarios where there are no results.

My recommendation would be to add a reset button to your search form.

Thanks

Jali

OK, thank you for the suggestion 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Working with two dropdowns and usability’ is closed to new replies.