Working Search Filter Now Causes a 404 Error?

Forums › Forums › Search & Filter Pro › Working Search Filter Now Causes a 404 Error?

Viewing 6 posts – 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anonymous
    #268135

    Hi, I downloaded your plug-in and Divi extension over the weekend and I successfully created a nice filter that combines a category selection with several Advanced Custom Fields selections. Here’s the shortcode: [searchandfilter id=”52243″].

    While it worked for several hours with no other changes made to my website, now when a user attempts to use the search filter, it directs them to my site’s 404 page?

    My website’s home page is http://www.guyswithrides.com and you can find the search filter on the following page: https://www.guyswithrides.com/classifinds/

    I can’t tell you how long I’ve struggled to find a filtering plug-in that will work with my Divi based page, so I’m hopeful you can determine what I need to do to make this work reliably for my users!

    Trevor
    #268173

    I don’t see the search form on that page?

    I notice that you give your home page as http and the search page as https?

    Without being able to see the form, check that the Results URL is correct in the form settings (if the Display Results Method you are using requires this to be set).

    Another possible reason for a 404 error could be that you need to re-save the Permalinks in WordPress settings.

    Anonymous
    #268175

    I took the form off the page as I don’t want users trying it until I have it properly vetted. What permalinks do I need to restore? Where would I find those?

    Anonymous
    #268177

    I just readded the original filter in question, figured out how to resave the permalinks, and the problem still exists. I HATE leaving a new feature on a page for my users to get a bad first impression, so please let me know what needs to be fixed in order to make this work reliably.

    Anonymous
    #268179

    OOPS! I just realized what the problem was. I overlooked updated the proper page link in the S&F window after I renamed my new page from my sand box to production. It works as designed now. MY USERS WILL LOVE THIS!!!

    Trevor
    #268181

    Thanks for getting back to me. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 6 posts – 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Search & Filter Support
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.

We also use cookies to store items in your cart as well as allowing your to login on the site.

You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.

By continuing to use this site, you also agree to our Privacy Policy.