Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Woocomerce Ajax Search Results Invisible

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Alicia Powell

Greetings,

I am having a hard time getting S&F Pro to work properly with woocomerce. I currently have followed the instructions as far as setting up the display, however when I turn on ajax I get results but they are not visible on the results page. When I turn off ajax, I am able to get results. The problem with this is that the screen reloads, and with ajax the results load within the results section; keeping the sidebar in place. I would like to use ajax if possible.

Can you help me fix this issue.

Thanks.

Trevor Moderator

It may be that the Ajax Container in our settings (on the Display results settings tab) is wrong. For WordPress, the default setting is #main, but for WooCommerce it is often .products

Try changing that, and if that does not work, are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Alicia Powell

Thanks for getting back. I tried the .results, the search didn’t populated any results even though the URL reflected the search term. So when it was #main, the results count updated but didn’t display the items. For example, it would say there are 7 items based on the search terms but you can’t see the 7 items. However you can click on them. Another weird behavior is that if you refresh the page, the 7 items will appear in the search results.

Here is a link to the page: https://shop.pixistock.com/

Another question I have is about CSS. So when there are no results, it shows the default woocommerce products not found etc page. I did manage to edit this with CSS because this particular page does not show my footer at all. When I had my full sidebar, it was stretching into the darker grey found at the very bottom of the page; causing the grey to be half the page. I hid aspects of the sidebar so that it didn’t go past Woocommerce’s preset grid area. I tried expanding it with padding and margin, however my attempts were unsuccessful. Is there a way to get the footer on the no results page or use a different page for no results? I tried adding the “<?php get_footer(); ?>” to the bottom of the “no results page” php file and it messed everything up. If you have any pointers that would be great, thanks.

Alicia Powell

PS I disable AJAX so that you can see the basic search.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Alicia Powell
    Trevor Moderator
    Alicia Powell
    Trevor Moderator
    Alicia Powell
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.