Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Why are responses marked as "Private" on this forum?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Rohan Edmeades

I want to be able to use these forums as a way for me to learn from this community and troubleshoot problems that are not adequately covered for my level of experience by the documentation (namely, how do I let users filter search content according to custom fields). But every post of probable use is “marked as private” and hidden to me. Why? I have a paid, logged-in account. I should be able to access any information that helps me use Search and Filter. It’s a very confusing experience and I can’t imagine it’s an effective way for you to provide support as solutions to my problems are likely already addressed.

Trevor Moderator

When they contain private information, such as personal email addresses, account login information, etc. We cannot make that information public. Where possible, I make public any reply that would be generally helpful. Those that are not fall into the other category.

Custom fields are Post Meta, so use the Post Meta Form UI object. If you are using ACF, make sure the key name you select does NOT start with an underscore.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.