Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Whole page reloads using shortcodes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • iglooo

Long story short: I was working on a developement site on my computer with this plugin using the “shortcode” filter, and it worked well. I recently moved the site to a live developement site on my server, but had security conflicts with my existing site (this is a redesign of an existing site), so had to set my permalinks to “plain” (eg. https://example.com/dev/?p=123). However, when I try using the filters, my entire page is reloaded, not the “search results” portion. Does it have something to do with my permalinks?

Trevor Moderator

It might be the Permalinks, yes. Using Postname is much safer. Do you have the Results URL correctly set?

iglooo

I believe so. You mean the url in the general settings of the dashboard, correct? The “test” site that I’m working on is housed in a folder within the site’s root folder. In other words, the existing site is here:

example.com

and the test site that I’m redesigning is here:
    example.com/dev

That’s what my url is set at.

iglooo

I’ve changed my tactic: I’ve installed Post Grid and switched to a “custom” display type. However, it still reloads my entire page, and I have to keep scrolling down to see me results. Also, the infinity scroll isn’t working. I’m following this: https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/post-grid/

Another thing: I’m working with the Salient theme. Could this be causing an issue?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    iglooo
    Trevor Moderator

You may have to add this code to your child theme functions.php file if using Post Grid:

add_action('search_filter_filter_next_query', 'set_post_grid_paged');

function set_post_grid_paged(){

$sfpaged = 1;
            if(isset($_GET['sf_paged'])){
                    $sfpaged = intval($_GET['sf_paged']);
                    global $paged;
                    $paged = $sfpaged;
                    set_query_var("paged", $paged);
            }
    }

That might fix it.

iglooo
    Trevor Moderator

To work with Infinite Scroll and our shortcode method, you need to follow these customising instructions:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/search-results/using-a-shortcode/#customising-the-results

BUT … instead of copying the results.php file over, copy the results-infinite-scroll.php file, and then rename it to results.php

iglooo
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Whole page reloads using shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.