Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Use multiple values seach together with custom fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cinthia Kawakami

I am having a similar problem as this past one from another user:
    “In my site I have the “Advanced Custom Field” plugin, with different fields, three like radio and two like checkbox. Now, with your plugin, in the search-form, I connected the Post-meta fields with the custom fields. It seems that the search doesn’t find the meta-data of the checkbox fields (not results), but It works just with the meta-data of the radio custom fields. It’s because ACF inserts the checkbox fields data in an array? There is a solution?”

My custom field name has no typo problems, as the suggested solution asked.

Do you have a solution?? I really wanted to be able to search some multiple options of my custom fields. I have one like “atractions” and then each post might have more than one, and I would like the user to search more than one too. The ACF with single values work, this multiple ones that always returns “no results found”, even if I do have then set.

Ross Moderator

Hey again Cinthia

This may be because the data is serialised.

For a start, serialised data is very bad for searching, but should it still should be possible.. If you could use a taxonomy or different type of input would be better (and faster for searching).

If you cannot do this then lets try to solve the problem!

Can you tell me what the post type is you are searching, is it custom or built in?

Thanks
    Ross

Cinthia Kawakami

I am using the default post from the theme (Karo magazine theme). I will need to search inside posts that are events too (then made as type = events, by an event plugin ), but I did not test that yet.

I can try a different approach, but did not have an idea on how yet…As I said the other issue I had, I am not much familiar with wordpress ( or PHP ), although I am a programmer (.Net, using C#) and could achieve some code customizations.

The site itself is not online yet, I am testing on my local server, trying hard to solve all these litle problems so I can put it online.

Thank you for the fast response and the good work.

Cinthia Kawakami

Could do it with custom taxonomies and some code adaptation. Thank you for the support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.