Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Two Searches on a Post Type Archive

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Russell Clow

Hi,

I have S&F Pro, and I have created a search filter that displays on the right hand side of a post type archive. I have multiple post types, and have a separate S&F setup for each, then in the archive.php, I check the post type, and display the correct filter shortcode.

However, I now want to create a second SORT BY filter, that displays in a different place on the post type archive. It would be a dropdown to that shows Sort by : A-Z, Z-A, etc.

I created a new S&F, with the same settings as the other S&F on the page, but with the Sort field.

I then called the shortcode in the archive.php for the post type.

The sort works perfectly, but now the filters on the right are broken. They pull in the correct names, post count, etc – but when ticked, they don’t update the filter results anymore.

I get a message in the admin:

There are 2 Search Forms set to use Post Type Archive display mode for the post type Tools – you may only have 1

But if I change the display to just archive for one of the two S&F’s, it breaks the breadcrumbs and Page title in the browser bar.

Is there no way to have 2 S&F’s on one page? If not, is there a way to add the Sort By field to the right sidebar, but have it display in a different place to the rest of the forms?

Trevor Moderator

At this time, what you want is not possible, sorry. In V3 (some months away yet), you will be able to split the form up into different places on the page.

Ian Anderson

Hi Trevor,

Is this very far away? I need this feature as well.

Cheers

Ian

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure Ian how far away it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.