Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro two problems: 1. no results found and – 2. the min and max value don't change!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ralf Lammer

Hi Trevor,

first i really love your plugin!

.. but i have some problems with the results.

1. if there are no results found, i don’t see the filter on the left sidebar and a message like: “no results founds”. i just see the header and footer. no content!

how can i solve this problem? maybe it’s just a settings problem?

2. i use custom fields to check prices and years.

for this custom fields i display the fields as “numerical data” with the input field “range-slider” and as “plain text”. decimal is off and the auto detect for min. and max.value are active.

the problem:

in example: if i change another custom field like a dropdown-field, the min and max value for the price and the year don’t change!

so it’s always possible, that there are no results found.

how can i fix that?

the project is privat, so i cant’t post the link inside here. but i can give you an user to log in to the backend

Greetz
    Ralf

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ralf Lammer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi Ralf

It looks like you are using Elementor to display the ‘results’, and thus should be using a different method to join our form to the results.

You have a shortocde in the sidebar:

[searchandfilter id="216"]

But it needs two shortcodes (I have done this for you):

[searchandfilter id="216"]
    [searchandfilter id="216" action="filter_next_query"]

Then the form needs to be setup differently on the Display Result settings tab, so I have set this up for you also:

https://www.screencast.com/t/IlBjrECTw

I am not sure this will work, as I have not tested with the Jet Engine. I cannot see any pagination, so I am unsure if this is correct.

Can you give this a try?

The other issue. I am sorry, but Auto Update does not apply range fields. It is intentional, as to enable these has unintended consequences.

Read more about this here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/custom-max-price-for-price-slider/#post-77119

Ralf Lammer

Hey Trevor,

thx a lot! Now it works fine. it’s simple but perfect! 🙂

But to do this, i had to change also the general settings for the elementor widget for listing grids. there is an option to use it as archive template, which was activated. i had to deactivate it to show now the results too.

thumbs up!

Greetz from Germany
    Ralf

Trevor Moderator

Great. Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘two problems: 1. no results found and – 2. the min and max value don't change!’ is closed to new replies.