Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Too slow

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hey Seramor how did you get on?

I have a new version almost ready for release which makes searches a bit quicker, let me know if you want to test it.

Thanks

seramor

Hi Ross,

Thank you very much for your research on this topic.
    And yes, I would be pleased to test this new version.

Regarding your last comments:

1) “Your header redirects are very slow ā€“ so when using ajax, submitting, and redirecting to get results results in a long round trip ā€“ Iā€™m not sure what would cause this.”

Please, could you tell me more about this? May you have any idea on how to test or debug this?

2) “You database is slow, and wordpress queries in general are slow due to some configuration issue.”

I do not think this is the case. I am running some sites in a powerful dedicated server. Indeed, if I copy and paste the second query (recall that I detected that the plugin was doing two queries, receiving 302 for the first one –see note * below) as an URL in the browser, it resolves very quickly.

* Note: this is the query made by the plugin that is not properly resolved and what I think is taking so long (until timeout): POST http://www.mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=get_results&paged=1

3) “Create a clean WP install, install the plugin and do some tests there, on the SAME server environment ā€“ so we know how if it possibly something to do with your hosting.”

As I wrote above, the query is very quickly resolved if I put it in the browser, rather than using the plugin, which makes me think that there is no problem with the server.

4) “Install a caching plugin which will greatly improve database query speeds and in effect the speed your results are loaded.”

I have installed a cache plugin but, apparently, it did not help after preliminary tests. I can test this further if you want, but I think the main problem is the “302 Moved Temporarily” response to the first query.

What do you think?
    Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey seramor, the redirect has been removed in the latest version so if it seems the bottleneck is here, then the latest version should *hopefully* fix it šŸ˜‰

Emailing you latest for testing now šŸ™‚

Let me know the results and if you find any other bugs!

Thanks

seramor

Hey Ross,

You’re The Man! This is way faster now. šŸ™‚

I think showing the results with page load is definitely a better philosophy.

Moreover, I also got a clear improvement on the filter results! It takes about 2.5 seconds waiting, which is twice faster than before (with version S&F Pro v1.7).

Thank you very much for your support and efforts.
    Best!

seramor

Hi Ross,

The search operator OR inside a checkbox Taxonomy filter works like AND operator.

For instance, if I have two posts, each one assigned to a different category (of the same taxonomy), and I check one of the checkboxes, then the corresponding post is correctly displayed.

However, if I check both checkboxes, none of them is displayed. I am observing exactly the same behavior as if the operator would be AND, instead of OR.

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

Hey seramor another user testing this mentioned this problem.. and guess what, I just fixed it šŸ˜‰

Just emailed you an update!

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    seramor
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.