Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Text inputfield for Tags or Taxoanomy filled by Ajax

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anton van Elburg

Hi,
    Is it possible to use a text inputfield for Tags or Taxonomy, which is filled by Ajax?
    The ideal situation would be that the visitor enters 1 character, which is queried for in the database via an ajax script, which displays all Tags found (starting with this entered character) in the text-input field and thus more or less autocompletes the input.

Trevor Moderator

The closest we can come to this is to make the field a Dropdown choice box, and then select the Combobox option. Make sure you also go to the plugin settings page and set it to use the Select2 Combobox script.

Then the box will have a search field at the top, and as you type it filters out the options below.

Anton van Elburg

Thanks Trevor, I wil investigate that. Not sure if this is working in our case, but we could give it a go. I presume the ajax/autocomplete solution that I was asking about is not a plug and play option of the Search & Filter Pro plugin. Thanks anyway!

Trevor Moderator

The autocomplete is not yet a feature of our plugin, no. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Text inputfield for Tags or Taxoanomy filled by Ajax’ is closed to new replies.