Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Taxonomy select number, include higher

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Boris Hoekmeijer

Hello,
    I’m using S&F Pro with ACF Pro. S&F Pro selects an ACF taxonomy “maximmum number of guests” (holiday home rental). Currently, when you select 4 guests, all houses with a maximum of less than 4 or more than 4 guests are excluded.

What I would like is this: select 4 guests filters out all holiday homes that have a maximum of LESS than 4 guests, but still shows every home available for 4 guests or more.

Is it somehow possible to create this with S&F? I know I can use multiselect, but it is not as user friendly as one selection, which seems more logical to me.

Kind regards,
    Boris

Trevor Moderator

You could set this as range control, manually set the max (not auto detect) and set that to a number higher than any maximum you are likely to have, then use CSS to hide that control. The user gets only to set the min number, but the query sent is actually a range. Does that make sense?

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Trevor,

thanks for your help. No, it doesn’t make sense to me at all, sorry :-). Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!
    Boris

Trevor Moderator

Can you send me a screenshot of the field setup in the form UI design?

You will need to upload the image to an external file sharing site, like dropbox, and share the link(s) with me.

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi Trevor,
    you mean a screenshot of the frontend? Here it is. I’ve marked the part I’m talking about, which is now a multiselect.

screenshot search filter

Trevor Moderator

Sorry, no, in the back end, in the form design. It is a Post Meta, not a taxonomy, yes? I ask, because the numbers have a preceding ‘0’?

Boris Hoekmeijer

Ah, sorry! Here is the back-end screenshot:
    backend screenshot

It’s a taxonomy, not a post meta. I’ve put the leading zeros there on purpose, because otherwise when selecting the proper number in the accommodation in the backend would not be in the proper order.

Boris Hoekmeijer

I’ve added a filter for postmeta, using the maximum occupancy field used in the post type (ranges from 4 to 12 guests). However, it doesn’t work. No matter what I select, the results do not change.

You can see how I set it up here:
    range slider post meta

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Boris Hoekmeijer
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Taxonomy select number, include higher’ is closed to new replies.