Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Taxonomies with no results showing in filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pamella Neely

Hello there.

I’ve got a working filter that can be seen here: http://pamneely.com/blog/. It’s in the right column of the page… starts about a third of the way down the page.

In the last part of the filter, for “costs” taxonomies that have no posts assigned to them are showing. Ie, “less than $20 (0)”, “$200-$500 (0)”.

This is only happening in the last section of the filter… all the earlier sections do not show selections if there aren’t any posts assigned to that taxonomy.

How do I fix this so the last section doesn’t show taxonomies with no posts? In other words, how do I get rid of those last selections that end in “(0)”?

Thanks for your help

Ross Moderator

Hey Pamella, do you have the beta feature turned on in the settings? Turn this off and you should be ok 🙂

Pamella Neely

I didn’t have it checked before.

I just tried turning it on (checking the box) to see what would change, and now the entire form has disappeared. A second ago I had a working form and now it is completely erased.

The form still exists both in the Search & Filter interface and in the widgets, but it’s not showing on the pages of my site any more.

What just happened? How do I get the form back?

Pamella Neely

I made a video to show how the Search & Filter interface is working… I’m not able to drag any of the “available fields” into the search form UI.

https://vimeo.com/101369125
    Password on the video is “broken”.

Ross Moderator

Hi Pamella

I just had a look, thanks for the vid…

That tick box will absolutely not make/break anything, and you can disable it no problem.

It seems as if something is breaking the JS on the page, or maybe there is a hidden error.

Have you tried creating a new search form?

Sometimes other plugins can affect S&F (such as your listly plugin) by placing elements on the S&F page and potentially breaking it.

Try creating a new search form and let me know if the problem still occurs? If it does then I would suggest that there is another change in your site that has caused this problem (such as another plugin) – I think it was complete coincidence that when you checked this box the form broke.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.