Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Switching language of the Search Result page with Polylang

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • hugo

Hello,

When the user is on the Search Result page (en.example.com/search/) and he changes the language using the Polylang Language Switcher (for example German), he gets to a wrong URL (de.example.com/search/) where “search” should be replaced by the slug defined for the other language (de.example.com/suche/).

Search slug is NOT updated when switching languages on the frontend.

The user gets to a search page without any result and see the message “Sorry, no results were found.

Can you provide a solution please?

Thanks

hugo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    hugo
    Trevor Moderator
    hugo

We have one domain/subdomain per language configured in Polylang > Settings.

Trevor Moderator

Are they real domains, with separate WordPress site installations on each, or just a re-write of the URL? I suspect this may be the issue, in which case I may need to seek the input of our developer, Ross.

hugo

There is only one WordPress site installation and all the domains/subdomains are pointing to the same directory.

Here is the Polylang documentation:
    https://polylang.pro/doc/

Thanks

Trevor Moderator
    Ross Moderator

Hi Hugo

I’m afraid with the display method archive we don’t support it right now.

However, you could change the display method to post type archive and it should work.

Also using the shortcode method to display results will work, as long as the pages they are embedded on are also translated etc.

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.