Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Some ACF fields are missing from translation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Patrick

Hi,

Some fields are missing from my translated filter version (using WPML). In the original language (french) I see them all when I either check the ‘Get Options’ -> ‘Auto’ or in Manual mode if I click ‘Browse Values’. But in the translated version (english), some values are missing.

I manually entered them and though they do show up, if I select them they do not filter values properly.

Any idea on what could be causing this to happen?

Patrick
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

If the fields are translated, they will appear in the front end form, but if you manually translate them, they will not. This is because, when WPML translates the terms, they have new term IDs to match the translated posts IDs. If you manually translate them in our Forum UI, they will have the old term ID number, which will not match the translated posts IDs.

Patrick

In fact, they did not show up originally (before translation). This is when I thought I’d try translating them – but with the same results.

Then I saw WPML advices against translating them so I deleted translation. But in all those cases, I was still somehow missing those fields in either the ‘Auto’ mode or by clicking manual and clicking the ‘Browse values’…

Thanks!!

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure where you are now at with this? Is it resolved? In our plugin settings, do you have the transients setting on or off (it should be off)?

Note, after making any changes, you may need to rebuild our cache.

Patrick

*lol* Perhaps I wasn’t clear. Not resolved, I’m at the same state.

What I was trying to explain is that I decided to try translating my ACF Field Group BECAUSE some field values did not appear in S&F. Then later on removed this translation because

a) it did exactly the same as the non-translated ACF field group, and
    b) I found out WPML was not recommending translating ACF field groups unless unavoidable

So I am still at the same point where some of the field values are not showing up within S&F when I try to populate my filter. I tried manually adding them with the same result.

I tried rebuilding the cache with no change.

I confirm the transcients option is turned off.

Any other clue on what could be wrong?

Thanks again!!!

Trevor Moderator
    Patrick
    Patrick
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Some ACF fields are missing from translation’ is closed to new replies.