Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Social Media Sharing Issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Andrew Turner

Hi,
    I’m using the ‘As an Archive’ display method with a custom archive.php template which works great. However, when sharing the listings page on social media because the URL doesn’t actually existing in the WordPress back-end I’m not able to add an Open Graph description for the page and as a result it automatically pulls in one the posts as the description.

If I try to use the shortcode method on a page then I lose my custom layout. I suspect I could possibly recreate the template as a page template but not sure how easily it will be to copy the code over and have it working and displaying just as it does now.

I will follow up this post with a private post below with a screenshot of the issue and the URL.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions on improving social media sharing of the listings page.

Thanks.

Andrew Turner
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Andrew Turner
    Andrew Turner

Any help appreciated.

Trevor Moderator

The issue of WordPress ‘created’ pages (such as archive pages) is a perennial one. Are you using the WordPress SEO (Yoast) plugin?

Andrew Turner

Yeh using Yoast but can’t see anywhere in the Content Type settings or anywhere else that I can add a meta description for that specific URL.

Trevor Moderator
    Andrew Turner

Hmmmm, looks like it’s something I’ll have to take up with Yoast.

Trevor Moderator

Is it because it has the query string? They may well have a filter to handle that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Social Media Sharing Issue’ is closed to new replies.