Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Simple search not excluding categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Chev JustChev

I set up the most basic search, the drop down clearly shows only the categories I have requested, but you press the search button and it returns a whole heap of posts, most of which are in the exclude list.

http://www.2dragons-playground.net/demo-two/search-games/

For my testing, I only allocated about 3 posts under the categories that are showing, none of them show up.

Chev JustChev

Hi there,

So not to be a pain or unreasonable, but would really appreciate a reply to this. I bought the pro version of your plugin over all the others and it does not seem to work. I am not using ajax, I am not using a custom page, if I select custom page search.php it returns a file not found, the problem, which seems to be common among the support threads but I do not see a reply, is that search by categories simply isnt working.

I have a huge website waiting just on this before I can launch and ultimately pay my rent, I would truly appreciate some urgency here. I do appreciate you have a ton of support to get through, but my landlord is not as amenable as I am.

I am using the latest version 1.2.2 If you need a login for the sight, simply let me know

Ross Moderator

Hey Chev apologies its been crazy busy working on the plugin with new update and support on here – and occasionally things do slip through the net – so thanks for the reminder 🙂

Yeah sure fire over your login details and I’ll take a look.

Thanks

Chev JustChev
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Chev JustChev

Hi there, any luck with this?

Ross Moderator

Hey Chev apologies its been a bank holiday here in the uk which means no one went to work for the last 3 days, I’ll be going through all the support ticket backlog today and hopefully get some answers a little later on.

Thanks

Chev JustChev

Hi there,

I appreciate you had a day off on Monday, but the problem I have, is this huge site, is waiting on a search function that I bought from you 11 days ago. The simplest feature, to show a list of posts in a certain category, is not working.

My client is desperate to go live, I keep telling her to wait.

She isn’t happy and I am losing out on a ton of money for the site.

Please take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Sincerely
    Elyssa

Ross Moderator

Hey Elyssa, I’m literally just fighting my way back to the top of the support requests now…

I just logged in, can you direct me to the page with the search form on it?

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Chev JustChev

Thanks for this. I had a nasty feeling it would not be possible to select a drop down of men categories and female categories. Which sucks as she has about 900 posts.

Cest la vie, I will throw this at the client and see if she wants to go the multi choice route or the taxonomy route.

Either way, for now, feel free to mark this as complete, when she makes up her mind, if I get stuck, I will drop in and ask.

Thanks for getting this done.
    Sincerely
    Elyssa

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.