Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Show tags on search results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Luciano Lucas

Hi there,

I’m using Woocommerce and filtering products by categories and tags, all works OK, but when a search is performed there are no tag/categories results, only product titles.

I tried activating Relevansi but it worsens the problem (no results at all)

I think is the same problem this user had (https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/search-feature-not-showing-tags/) but as the answers are marked as private I can’t check the proposed solution on my setup ๐Ÿ™

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Luciano Lucas
    Luciano Lucas

While you are there, I spotted another error:

I enabled “Auto-Count” and “Update the search form on user interaction” but it doesn’t seem to work. Example: If a select “Barbeero” in “Cervecera” (brewery) dropdown, the results are updated on the right side, showing me 6 results (beers). But on the “Estilos” dropdown it still displays the total number of beers available (not 6, the ones from this specific brewery), and also the “Sin Gluten” count displays the total count (6) instead of 0 (the number of beers from this brewery with the “Sin Gluten” tag)

It does work if I reload the page, but that’s not useful.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Luciano Lucas

Hi Trevor,

Any news on this? Thank you

Luciano

Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator

Sorry for the delay. First, text searches.

Our plugin does not directly allow you to do text searches of individual Post Meta (custom fields) and Taxonomy (Category, Tags and Taxonomies) data/terms. The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the formโ€™s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set Relevanssi up and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types, custom fields AND any taxonomy that you want to search).

As to the other issue (counts and hide empty does not work), I can see what you mean, and cannot see why it is happening. I have referred this to the plugin developer, Ross, for his attention.

Luciano Lucas

Hi Trevor. Great, search problem is fixed now with Relevanssi ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll wait for the follow up of the count problem

Thanks for your help!

Luciano Lucas

Hi again,

I rebuilt S&F cache and Count seems to work now, but I spotted that one of my filter terms is broken (not sure if it’s related to the Count issue or not):

It’s a product attribute (pa_formato). It displays the right count number before filtering starts but when any item of its dropdown is selected the filter returns no results (i.e it displays “6” for the first item in the dropdown but if I select this same item it says “no items for this selection”).

Luciano Lucas

Also, Pagination is not working on desktop (!) The URL changes to ….sf_paged=2 but nothing else changes. If I manually update the page using this sf_paged=2 URL it displays the correct products for page 2. Tried Chrome and Safari.

It does work on mobile (safari)

I’m using WP 5.5.3 and Elementor Pro, last version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Show tags on search results’ is closed to new replies.