Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search (text field) input to search taxonomy terms

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • V R

Hello,

I bought the plugin yesterday and it’s great! Many thanks! I noticed that the text input field in the search form doesn’t search for a post’s taxonomy terms or post meta, but it does search the post content.

I have made a workaround where I use the action save_post_{post_type} to save taxonomy terms and custom meta to the post content (using wp_update_post) so that these details can be searched using the search&filter pro text input field. This works fine for me, because I don’t actually use the post content anywhere in my theme. The theme only ever shows post meta, post title and taxonomy terms. But my question is, will there be an update that will allow the search text field to search the post meta and post taxonomy terms? And is there a better workaroud I could use in the mean time?

Thanks,

Vin

Ross Moderator

Hey V R – sound like some clever hacking 😉 Unfortunately I can’t think of a quick fix or better way for now.. however I was thinking of adding this in to a future update – unfortunately I don’t have timelines for this yet though :/

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.