Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search results producing page not found

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • nicole dreyer-holgate

Hi,

I have updated the plugin and license is renewed but now the plugin is producing a page not found message.

Please can you assist?

With thanks 🙂

Nicole

Ross Moderator

Hey Nicole

If you take a look at your URLs, are they missing the ? that should be added?

This is usually because the user didn’t fill in the REsults URL option in the Display Results tab

Thanks

nicole dreyer-holgate

Thanks for the quick response!

I have added the ? but now an getting the correct page with a “no results found” message.

There are categories and keywords added that are producing the above result.

With thanks,

Nicole

nicole dreyer-holgate

Sorry, but nothing matched your search criteria. Please try again with some different keywords.

Ross Moderator

Hey Nicole

The Results URL should not contain the ? itself, just be a full URL to the page containing the results shortcode:

http://yoursite.com/my-search-page/

With the trailing slash if applicable.

S&F will then build the correct URL with the ? after (i’m not sure if you did this but was slightly confused so thought I’d explain).

RE the upgrade, did you check the release notes?

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/2-0-upgrade-notes/

There are a few things to try in there, such as disabling / re-enabling S&F and then rebuilding the cache.

Thanks

nicole dreyer-holgate

Hi Ross,

Deactivating, reactivating the plugin and rebuilding the cache seems to have worked. But now the site is really slow and the search widget has disappeared and I get the following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/globalt1/public_html/glball/wp-content/plugins/search-filter-pro/public/includes/class-search-filter-cache.php on line 1037

I don’t often use caching plugins as in my experience they actually slow the page load times in some cases.

Is there any way to turn the caching off. If not what do I do please?

With thanks,

Nicole

Ross Moderator

Hey Nicole

How many posts are you searching roughly?

It might be the new Auto Count feature causing issues, disable this from the General tab

Thanks

nicole dreyer-holgate

That worked. Working beautifully now. Thanks for the excellent support 🙂

Please mark as resolved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.