Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search results produce nothing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charley C

Please help!

I’m using a simple Criteria and Tags search using check boxes. After hitting Submit, the result is blank (no results). This is even when I have one criteria check boxed in a category that I know exists and is tied to a post.

Here’s some more info on what I’m doing. I’m using a template for results called ‘search.php’, I set the slug to ‘horse-stables-results’ and created a page with the slug ‘/horse-stables-results’.

AJAX is turned off – I’m not using it. Auto count beta is turned off – not using it either.
    I’ve tried using the search as a widget, and as a function in the page, and both just send me to the results page that is blank after you conduct a search. I know blogs are linked to the categories because I’ve enabled number of posts to be listed after each category and hide unused categories.

This is funny because the free version worked fine. I have no idea why it’s doing this. Any help quickly would be much appreciated.

(I searched every question in support already)

Here’s the widget on the front page: http://www.stablesandtrails.com/

Charley C

Ross my friend, can you help me out?

I paid for your Pro product and I think getting support to get your product at least up and working is part of the deal.

Thanks! I appreciate any help you can sneak in.

Ross Moderator

Hey Charley of course 😉 You just caught me at the busy period up to the weekend and I don’t officially provide support over the weekend… I am however working on S&F today so I hope to get on to this later on and give you some pointers at least 🙂

Ross Moderator

Hey Charley had a quick look and you’re right seems not be working (obviously)…

The only thing I would check that:

1) you have the correct post types selected in your settings…
    2) you are using a custom template to load results – this search results page is telling me that a custom template has not been loaded, which means either you did not set it up correctly, or the plugin had trouble finding the template filename you specified – please ensure “custom template” is checked, and that the template is called search.php, and that you have a search.php in the root of your themes folder.

If this still does not work, then it looks like your template might run its own query, which S&F cannot modify, have a look for things like query_posts in search.php and let me know?

Thanks

Charley C

Hi Ross!

I got it working now…

Thanks for the help. I uninstalled the plugin and started from scratch. I do have a search.php in the root. If I don’t set a slug the search works.

Great plugin. Big props to you!

*I would love to learn how to use Ajax. Any tips where I can learn that so I can use your Ajax functionality?

Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Charley

If you’re not in too much of a hurry I’m hoping to do an update this week which will completely change the way AJAX is done (and make it much easier!)

Too many users find this part complicated so I will try to make it simpler!

Let me know

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.