Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search results not showing but counts are correct

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Malia Hollowell

Hi! I’m trying to figure out an issue I encountered with the search results not showing, but the section counts calculating correctly.

I’ll walk you through the steps that I’ve taken that are working correctly.

1. We need our blog posts to show tag description (in addition to tag title) and for that content to be searchable. I created a custom shortcode to display tag description on the blog post.

2. I installed Relevanssi so that shortcode content could be indexed. I confirmed that this piece is working correctly since, if I use the built in WordPress search box, I can see content based on the tag descriptions.

3. I updated the Search and Filter Pro cache.

What is happening now is that when I search for a word that is only in one tag description (the word “forward”), Search and Filter can see that there is 1 post that meets that criteria, but it won’t display the post.

I’m using Post Grid to display content and it normally works perfectly, so not sure what the issue is here, whether this is a Search and Filter issue or a Post Grid issue.

Screenshot

Any idea what the issue could be?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Malia Hollowell
    Trevor Moderator
    Malia Hollowell
    Trevor Moderator

It depends how the form is setup. It might cause a problem, or it might work. If it works, then leave it as it is. When V3 comes out in a few months, this will be resolved anyway (field sources can be used more than once).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.