Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search Result not showing Themer or Pods Template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Vernita Kruger

Hi

I am using Generate Press, Beaver Builder, Themer and Pods.

I have created a template in Pods to show my search results. I could not get this to work with SFP. I then build a template in Themer to show the search result, again I can not get SFP to use this template.

Can you please help. I’ve tried using shortcode and archive methods. I’ve tried with Ajax disabled and on. I’ve tried using the custom template from Pods in results.php, this did not work.

Your help would be much appreciated to get either Pods or Themer to work with SFP to show the results.

Trevor Moderator

We do not support the filtering of Pods templates because they do not use the WP Query function to fetch data. Instead they use Pods custom code to show the posts.

Beaver Builder and Beaver Themer should work, this post gives some details and information:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/second-search-comes-up-blank/#post-160521

And this post on how to (generally) trigger Masonry on Ajax reload of results:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/reload-masonry-grid-after-ajax-call/#post-165867

Vernita Kruger

Hi Trevor, thanks for getting back to me. Okay I can live without Pods but I still can’t get Themer to work. Apologies if I am missing the point but I am not trying to get Masonry grid to work. I just need SFP to pick up my Themer template to display the search result the way I want them (showing the featured image, extract and title). Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    I’ve got Display “As an Archive” selected.
    I’ve got “Use custom template” ticked.
    I don’t know what to add to “Enter the filename of the custom template:”?
    I’ve tried both with Ajax on and off (just because I saw posts where people struggle with this).
    I’ve tried the scripts in your links in my functions.php. The first one has no effect. The second one breaks the site (possibly because I don’t know exactly what to do with it).

Any ideas please?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.