Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search Issue / Performance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ian Whitmore

Hello! I am stuck between some of the settings causing unwanted/unexpected results.

I have Search & Filter Pro set up and have included a Search option with Relevanssi enable.

Issues I’m having:
    I have to type three characters before results display and if you type slowly it says no results until you get to a third character.

Is there a setting for the number of character to start showing results?
    Is it possible to not have it dynamically update as you type and wait until you press enter or submit?

Without Relevanssi enabled the search box does not work at all.

Trevor Moderator

In reverse order, if the search does not work without Relevanssi, it likely means that your theme is taking control of the WordPress search and stopping it working with our form.

With regard to minimum number of characters, Relevanssi does not by default index terms for string lengths of less than three because the index would be huge for one and two character strings. However, in some instances, you may need to set something different. At the bottom of the ‘Indexing’ tab in Relevanssi is an Advanced Setting section, you can change it there. You will need to rebuild the index once you have saved any changes you make.

Ian Whitmore
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Other than the wrong type of quotes, it looks right:

add_filter('relevanssi_block_one_letter_searches', '__return_false');

From this support topic:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/keyword-matching-does-work-with-works-that-contain-numbers/

It is not something I have tried, sorry.

Is it happening a lot, or is it auto submitting (in which case would it be better to switch Auto Submit off and have a submit button instead?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.