Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search isn't working after filtering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shaun Lippitt

Hi Ross / Trevor,

The search functionality on my website isn’t working when making a second search. I can’t get the posts to refresh. Instead, it’s saying no posts are found but the options have been updated in the dropdown menus.

For example, i have two dropdowns, Regions and Counties. When i select a county first it shows me posts from that county. If i then select a different region, it still thinks i’m searching in the county previously i searched for. However, the drop down menus have been refreshed.

I’ve been trying various ways to reset the query through javascript but nothing has worked. I wouldn’t imagine what I’m trying to achieve is extraordinary.

You can have a play with what i’m experiencing. I’ll put a link in a private message.

Thank you

Shaun Lippitt
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I can see the issue.

This does not happen with the form without that new javascript. It is two behaviours colliding.

When you change the region, that immediately triggers the auto submit, and so the form submits before the county is set back to ‘All’. The only way to do this is to switch off auto submit and add a search button.

Shaun Lippitt

Hi Trevor,

I don’t have any javascript being used, I removed it all and still getting the same results.

It’s sad I’m going to have to revert to using a submit button to achieve what I want to do. One of the reasons i used this plugin was to make the user experience quick and easy without the need to submit each time.

I know you’ve said it’s not possible but Is there not a way of delaying the auto submit trigger whilst it resets the county?

I think this would be a great feature to include in upcoming releases as I’ve seen a few others have this problem.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

I think that it is quite likely to be resolved in the next major release, yes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.