Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search & Filter Pro on Woocommerce doesn't affect the loop

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Dmitry Veselov

Hi Ross,

I hope you can help me on this. I’m keen to use Search & Filter Pro with a WooCommerce site but currently they don’t seem to work together. After adding widget Submit button just reloads a page without any effect on its content. URL stays the same, products are same.

I’ve tried to change settings but without any effect as well

Here’s screen of a page.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHac6qK.png

Settings
    http://i.imgur.com/j77wNcR.png

Thanks in advance

Ross Moderator

Hey Dmitry not sure what the problem is exactly but for starters, you have the checkbox “use custom template”, but then you don’t have any filename specified…

Try it with search.php and see if you get some valid results? (I’m sure the layout will be wrong).

Regardless of this, I’m pretty sure you should be seeing the URL change.

In some cases when the URL does not change its because WordPress cannot redirect after submitting the form – and this is normally caused by a hidden error in WP, with your theme or your plugins…

Try installing debug bar and submitting the form, and try to see if there are any errors. If you have any errors, then these will need to be fixed first.

Let me know the results.

(Ps seems we are on different time zones, I won’t be back online now until tomorrow).

Ross Moderator

Hey Dmitry, did you manage to overcome the problems you were having?

Dmitry Veselov

Hey Ross,
    Right now I’m writing a code from scratch, seems better move for now. I recon I’ll comeback to Search Filter later.

Ross Moderator

OK Dmitry let me know if you need any help when you get to that stage.

Thanks

Chris Lambert

Ross,

Sorry for jumping in. I have just downloaded your plugin also and am having the same problem.

Set the search &bFilter to be a widget in the woocommerce sidebar as I want to it be able to filter my products (instead of the standard woo filters (i.e. I want to use tags better).

I set up a quick test form and it shows it just wont affect anything and the URL isn’t changing.

Any ideas? (I am download debug to test and see if there are issues there).

settings

Chris Lambert
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Chris,

Its best to first make sure the plugin is working properly without AJAX, have you tried this and does it work ok?

If the url does not update then it is likely a JavaScript error, which prevents the S&F scripts from running and effectively the AJAX request.

Have you tried looking at your JS console in firebug or chrome’s inspector? If there are errors there (not warnings) then you will need to fix these first.

Let me know.

Thanks 🙂

Ross Moderator

PS I didn’t get the link to your page – your post was empty?

Chris Lambert
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.