Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search Box results not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Aimee Lapiana

Hi..I’m using Divi with ACF Pro. My input search box isn’t returning any results. I tried following your suggestion to add Relevanssi plugin to include custom taxonomy search from my custom post types. My dropdowns are producing results normally. Wondering if this could be due to a recent Divi update?

My reset button also doesn’t clear the search input box but it does list all my posts under “results found” title which is kinda weird. Not a true reset but I can live with it.

Any suggestions?
    dev.fourthtrimestercollective.com/providers

Aimee Lapiana
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Aimee Lapiana
    Trevor Moderator

One potential issue is that you have two forms on the same page, both pointing to the same results page. One has the Relevanssi setting ON, and the other is OFF. Here is the one with it ON:

https://www.screencast.com/t/dbyCVyGS

When you have two forms on the page (something we advise against in most circumstances), you stand the risk that they may interfere with each other.

As both forms are using the Shortcode method, Divi is unlikely to be an issue.

Aimee Lapiana

Indeed I did have 2 forms on the same page, one for mobile/tablet and one for desktop and they were identical in settings when the issue arose but to simplify things, I’ve recreated my page to only have 1 form, using Relevanssi and using shortcode method. My dropdowns are filtering results but the search box is not. Can you take another look? Figured I’d worry about styling afterward.

Thanks for your time!!

Trevor Moderator
    Aimee Lapiana

I got it working with both plugins! I think I just had some settings off with both of them and it’s working great now. Thanks for your suggestions in helping pinpoint where to focus! Cheers 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Search Box results not working’ is closed to new replies.