Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search and Filter refreshes the page on the first search or filter

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lindsay Sterling

The very first search/filter reloads the page before filtering, even though the ajax setting is turned on. “Use ajax only on results page” is unchecked. Subsequent searches properly use ajax, but the first one never does.

It seems the issue is related to how the URL changes to add ?sfid=214 on the end after the first search. I have tried turning off “make searches bookmarkable” but it has no effect. This is a blog page using the standard index.php template. So I have set the search form to display results “As an Archive”, and I set index.php set as the custom template option. I have also tried turning off the custom template option, with no change.

I have a second search and filter form with the same ajax settings, and it does not have this problem. The first search uses ajax. The only difference is that I’m displaying the results with the “Custom Template” option. And the URL does not add ?sfid=XXX to the end for some reason.

Do you know why they are behaving differently?

Lindsay Sterling
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Lindsay Sterling

Oddly, I was able to fix it by simply unchecking “use custom template”, saving the form, then re-checking “use custom template”. Not sure how that makes sense, as the settings are the same as when it was broken. But the act of deselecting and then reselecting seemed to do it. Weird, but I guess this is resolved now!

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search and Filter refreshes the page on the first search or filter’ is closed to new replies.