Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Scroll to results without refreshing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Emily VonSydow

Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great plugin! Definitely makes my life a lot easier.

I have kind of an odd use case. I have a client who works for counties in the US. He wants to display just how many customers he has using a map of the United States, along with a list of every county.

Search & Filter Pro is working great–we have a list of all the counties with a filter by state. These are the settings we’re using on the Display Results tab:
    -Load results using Ajax
    -Make searches bookmarkable
    -Only use Ajax on the results page
    -Scroll window to Search Form on All
    -Pagination Type: Infinite Scroll

So far, so good. The issue is with the map. The client wants the map displayed on the same page as the form. Clicking on a state should load the list of counties in that state, as displayed by S&F. So, clicking on California in the map loads /?_sft_state=california and the user is scrolled down to search results form. Perfect.

However, I’m hoping there’s a way to scroll the user down to the proper bookmarkable URL without reloading the page. Is that even possible?

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure I understand, and it does sound complex to describe, but here goes …

Do you mean that, depending on the choice made, you would want to scroll to a different place on the page?

IF that is what you wanted, I am not sure that is possible without reloading the page, at least not directly from our plugin.

However, we do have a JavaScript event that triggers after our Ajax has finished (sf:ajaxfinish) which you could use to fire some JavaScript of your own making that works out where to scroll the page to. The code would look something like this:

<script>(function ( $ ) {
      "use strict";
      $(document).on("sf:ajaxfinish", ".searchandfilter", function(){
        // call your script or function here
      });
    }(jQuery));</script>
    Emily VonSydow
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

The issue is that the polygon on the map is defined to trigger that URL. Instead it would need to trigger some JavaScript, and that would set the state field in the form, and then submit the form, which would trigger the Ajax refresh.

Emily VonSydow

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you, Trevor! I’ll talk to my dev team and see if they have recommendations.

Trevor Moderator

OK. I will wait to hear from you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.