Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Results disappears on load

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Arul Prasad

https://tripcarte.asia/destinations/langkawi/car-rental/

Hi, the link above should explain the problem when you access the page. Everything was working fine before, but then i tried to add a second search and filter form for a different post type.

As i needed a different template type to display results for that post, i named the 2nd template using the ID (138.php) The first form (as in the url) was still using (results.php)

But after creating the second template, i could not load the page to display the 2nd filter results. And I noticed the first filter results also stopped working, as you can see now.

I have deleted the 2nd filter form and results template also, but the form just refuses to load the results now. Please assist.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Arul Prasad

Hi,

I think i fixed it…there was something wrong with the number field, for some reason it reverted back to text.

Sorry for the false warning…love the plugin.

Since you’re here, could I just ask for some tips? I would really like to display my results in a grid format, but can’t seem to make the template work correctly. I’m no programmer, but am comfortable enough playing around with the templates. I’m using the NicDark Love Travel Theme and would like the results displayed something like here – http://www.nicdarkthemes.com/themes/love-travel/wp/demo-travel/layout-2-4-columns/

Is there any simple way of achieving this without having to play around too much with the codes?

Thanks.

Trevor Moderator

Your theme appears to include Visual Composer, so you might want to use our free Visual Composer addon. That grid you show is using Masonry, so you would need to use the Visual Composer Post Masonry element. This post explains more:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/pagination-not-working-11/#post-105228

You may need to make your own grid design using their grid builder, and it may need some custom CSS, but it is possible.

Arul Prasad

Hi, thanks for the info, but where do I get the addon extension? Can’t seem to find it anywhere?

Regards…

Trevor Moderator
    Arul Prasad

Hi, I tried the extension but i think something is wrong. There is no option to select Search and Filter as the data source in the Post Grid settings, and also no option to select VC as the Display Results method on the Search and Filter settings. The search and filter form appears in the list of VC elements though so the plugin is being detected. Am i doing something wrong?

Trevor Moderator
    Arul Prasad
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Results disappears on load’ is closed to new replies.