Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Reset search problem

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shaun Lippitt

Hi,

I’ve got a search form which filters the counties and regions of posts on my website. At the moment if i search by a region it displays the correct results. If i then change the County, the results show up as 0 because the URL still has the region in it.

I’m wondering if there was a way to reset the search?

Sorry if im not explaining it very well. It might better if you try it yourself.

Shaun Lippitt
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi, I realised I needed to go back to the home page. BTW, the main menu wraps on to two rows, as there appears to be too much padding?

On the two form UI elements, did you check the ‘Hide Empty’ setting?

Shaun Lippitt

Thanks for getting back Trevor. There’s still some issues with the styling of the site which i need to address but thank you for picking that up.

I don’t have the ‘Hide Empty’ setting on both of the fields, just the county dropdown as i want the regions to always be displayed. I think the user would get confused if the regions were hidden when selecting a county first.

Is there a way so when a county and region has been selected, if the user then changes the region it shows just those counties?

Trevor Moderator

The only way to do that would be for you to add some custom javascript to the Region select control so that when it changes, the county is reset back to all.

Shaun Lippitt

Hi Trevor,

Many thanks, I will investigate 🙂

You can close this post 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reset search problem’ is closed to new replies.