Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Reset Button Not Showing All Results

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • onflow

Hi Trevor,

I hope you are doing well!

https://staging.revento.io/all-events

so we’ve placed “reset” as a link “all events” and when you, for example, choose category “Marketing” and then click “all events” link is not going to load all results, it will only show 10 results, instead of 15. Even if you click “all events” right away it will show 10 events, instead of 15. It only works if we use a hard refresh keyboard shortcut. What might cause the reset button not to work properly?

Trevor Moderator

In the form settings, on the second settings tab, Display Results, what have you set the Results URL to? It appears to be empty?

onflow
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    onflow
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Can you do a simple test for me?

Rename the results.php template in the child theme -> search-filter sub folder to something like results.old, so that the plugin will then use the default one in the search-filter-pro -> templates folder.

Then, set the pagination in the form to Normal.

Now does it show the 15 posts?

onflow

Thank you for helping out!

Yes, it’s working, but everything just kind of “broken” because I’ve edited heavily the CSS and some parts of PHP code and we are using infinite scroll, instead of pagination. What next steps should we take to make it look as it was, but showing 15 events, after clicking “all events” reset link? Appreciate your time Trevor.

Trevor Moderator

As it works in this manner, albeit badly because of edits you have made, that means that the issue lies with the customized results.php template file, and , in turn, specifically with the code you have used. In that file, you are calling a theme function to output the posts. My guess is that this is where the problem lies. Now, it is curious that it cuts off at 10 posts, which is a very common default theme ‘posts per page’ setting.

I did look at the Reading settings for your install of WordPress, and this is actually set at 6 posts per page on the blog, so the setting must be elsewhere. It will either be one that you can set somewhere in the theme options, OR hard coded into the theme files.

So, that is the first thing you need to investigate.

onflow

Great, thank you Trevor!

onflow

Hi Trevor,

So what I did, I’ve made custom <a href=""> link so it’s separated from filter. And also what I’ve found out that if I change results per page from 10 to 50, then it will show only 50 results after for example you hit that reset button link. When I use backup results.php then I can’t get back the infinite scroll basically. So I’m using my modified results.php and then just apply custom a href link and place 50 results per page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reset Button Not Showing All Results’ is closed to new replies.